User Tag List

Thread: Irvin Kershner — May the Force be with him, always!

Default Irvin Kershner — May the Force be with him, always!

Irvin Kershner vart 87 år gammal. Regissøren av bla. «Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back» døydde 27. november — etter ei tids sjukeleie. Irvin Kershner stod blant anna óg bak den uoffisielle James Bond-filmen «Never Say Never Again» som var Sean Connerys siste James Bond-film.

Irvin Kershner er blant anna titulert for å stå bak endringa av Han Solos svarreplikk frå originalmanusets «I love you» til «I know»; ein veldig viktig del av filmen, og ein essensiell karakterdanner.

George Lucas — mannen bak Star Wars-universet — la ut dette sitatet om sin tidlegare USC-filmlærar på starwars.com i går:
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas
    “The world has lost a great director and one of the most genuine people I’ve had the pleasure of knowing,” says Lucas. “Irvin Kershner was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. When I think of Kersh, I think of his warmth, his thoughtfulness and his talent. I knew him from USC — I attended his lectures and he was actually on the festival panel that gave the prize to my THX short. I considered him a mentor. Following Star Wars, I knew one thing for sure: I didn’t want to direct the second movie myself. I needed someone I could trust, someone I really admired and whose work had maturity and humor. That was Kersh all over. I didn’t want Empire to turn into just another sequel, another episode in a series of space adventures. I was trying to build something, and I knew Kersh was the guy to help me do it. He brought so much to the table. I am truly grateful to him. He was a friend as well as a colleague. He will be missed.”
    Minnevideo:

tl;dr: Irvin Kershner er død. Eg foreslår ein skål til mannen som regisserte det eg ser på som den beste Star Wars-filmen. May the Force be with him, always!

Default Re: Irvin Kershner — May the Force be with him, always!

Cheers, RIP Irvin! you will always be remembered...

Thread Information