PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Trip to Japan with NeoTokyo!!

Nightcrawler
21st January 2008, 13:09
NeoTokyo is planning a trip this summer to Japan and want to take you with us!:D
It will be a 12 day trip from the 9th of June till the 20th.
The schedule will be like this:

9thJune
Going to Japan
10thJune
Arrive in Tokyo
11thJune
Akihabara
12thJune
Shibuya/Omotesando/ Harajuku
13thJune
Odaiba/The Big Site
14thJune
Roppongi/ Tokyo Midtown
15thJune
Sunshine Creation 40/ NamjaTown
16thJune
Yokohama/China Town
17th-19thJune
Three free days(Can do anything you want)
20thJune
Go back to Norway

This is the overall schedule. A little more information on the places you will going are put up on the NeoTokyo Blog http://www.neo-tokyo.no/blog/

The price of the trip will be Kr 17900,-
This will include everything from:
-Airfare
-Shuttle to and from airport to the hotel
-Hotel for the entire trip. *You will be sharing a room with another person from the tour group.
-Breakfast every morning at the hotel
-A guide that will translate and help you out on the trip.
-One registration of a Soft Bank 703shf (http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/product/3G/model/vodafone_703shf/) Japanese mobile phone( calling fees and rental fees not included) -200,- discount if not needed.
-1 Suica card (http://www.jreast.co.jp/suica) for transport with bus and train within Tokyo Area.(Also covers 500JPY worth of travel )
-1 Public telephone Telephonecard

Things that will not be covered will be:
-Travel from different parts of Tokyo, but it is usually 250yen or even less(Kr12.5)per person each time you take the train.
-Entrance fees to events, to theme parks.
-Lunch and Dinner

If you would like to come with us to Japan, please tell us and how will be going with you. Also you must put in a deposit of Kr1000,- per person by the middle of February the 16th. The rest of the money will due in April.
Please keep in mind that after you give in the deposit and you decide not to go and would like to cancel your deposit will not return no matter what circumstances.

If you would like to go or if there are any questions you many have concerning the trip, please feel to ask here, on the blog or at the store, or send a email to kstien@neo-tokyo.no or just call us at 91367327. we would be more than happy to answer any and all your questions you may have.

But please keep in mind you have to tell us that you would like to go
at least by the middle of February the 16th.
Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

marilla
21st January 2008, 13:26
If you pay the deposit, when is the final date for saying if you're in or not? It says that the rest of the sum is due in April, so that's the final date?

EDIT: Also, yay, Japan, I hope i can afford to join in!

Nightcrawler
21st January 2008, 13:37
If you pay the deposit, when is the final date for saying if you're in or not? It says that the rest of the sum is due in April, so that's the final date?

EDIT: Also, yay, Japan, I hope i can afford to join in!

If the deposit is paid you cannot get it back no matter how early you tell us.
Once the deposit is put in that is saying, "Yes I am going"
Thank you.

marilla
21st January 2008, 15:01
I dont think I made a good job explaining what i meant, so i try again: I know I cannot get the deposit back, but if I pay it, but for some reason can't go, how late is the latest i can inform you?

But, the issue would be money, and it seems to sort itself out now, so most likely, it's GO for me. :D

Nightcrawler
21st January 2008, 15:20
Ok I see know what you mean. Sorry about the mix up.
Well you would have to tell us before the April payment due date. Sorry there is no definite date as of yet. I will inform everyone who is going as soon as I know. But it would be before that. The sooner the better.
The best is if you do not cancel we would like to take as many people as possible.

Tyblazitar
21st January 2008, 18:15
Ooh, I want to join too! 8D

My parents aren't very positive though, seeing that we're going to the US this summer. I'll try my best to convince them, though. I'll have to convince them that this is very important to improve my Japanese and such. 8)

Aznakh
21st January 2008, 18:17
This would be absolutely awesome, so I'll do what I can in order to attend this trip. I always did want to go to Japan...

Howl
21st January 2008, 18:40
hmm.. maybe I can go, I just have to convince (right word?) my parents. Maybe it will work, and liek, it do not crash with any of my other plans.

Nodoka
21st January 2008, 18:40
Ooh, I want to join too! 8D

My parents aren't very positive though, seeing that we're going to the US this summer. I'll try my best to convince them, though. I'll have to convince them that this is very important to improve my Japanese and such. 8)

HAHA!
We were also going to the US. Then i told my parents they should finance this tripp for me with the money left after me not going and yay i got myself a tripp XD

Mirashi
21st January 2008, 21:31
Do want, though, think I'm too young...
Any minimum age? xD

Nightcrawler
22nd January 2008, 13:21
Do want, though, think I'm too young...
Any minimum age? xD

No there isn't an age limit on the trip.
But for anyone who is under 18 years of age will have to get permission
from their parents and we will have to get a written consensus as from them as well.

Nekogangu
22nd January 2008, 14:35
sounds so fun!
But i dont think we have money to do that...

Howl
22nd January 2008, 18:11
No there isn't an age limit on the trip.
But for anyone who is under 18 years of age will have to get permission
from their parents and we will have to get a written consensus as from them as well.

welll, I didn't get permittion, so I cant come :shooplink::gonklink:<_<

Oblivion
22nd January 2008, 18:23
I'd definitely like to go, but I'll have to consider the money issue... I'll get back to you ^-^

Bida-san
23rd January 2008, 13:23
It's soooo tempting, but.... Money isn't growing on trees for meXD

Yuiko
23rd January 2008, 18:30
Wow, it would be awesome to be able to join, but money is a problem... I don't have a job and I doubt my parents will pay for me... ;__;

Sharken
24th January 2008, 20:11
I got permission. I got money. But there is always a hatch, i cant go without Chris coming with me. need him ;___;

Digoru
24th January 2008, 23:29
Errr... I'll see what I can do :P
I'm very afraid of airplanes tho xD

Smiph
25th January 2008, 09:09
It's very tempting and I'll have to think about it. One quick question: I have coeliac disease which means I can't have any gluten (wheat etc), do you think it's going to be hard to avoid gluten in japan with all the soy sauce and stuff?

Nightcrawler
25th January 2008, 13:28
We will defiantly check and ask before you eat anything.
It might be a difficult but not impossible.

Tyblazitar
26th January 2008, 16:06
I've got permission! :D

So yeah, I'm coming as well. It'll be hard to afford, but I'll manage, somehow. 8D

Marnox
27th January 2008, 17:53
It would be so awesome to go...
Maybe I'm not the only one that is in a dilemma:
Take this trip and have a blast in Tokyo and be broke after summerbreak.
Not take this trip and have lots of money after summerbreak.

I hate choices.
The bottom line is, is it worth it? Can this go under the "ones in a lifetime" category?
hmm..

Darkfrog
27th January 2008, 21:21
This sounds freaking sweet! As most any other person on this forum here, i too have also wanted to go to Japan for some time now, and since i started working last week, i can acctually afford it. So me and Anarkira are very interested in joining up on this. Ill have to check with my boss about getting time off that period, as i am sure Anarkira must too. So as long as our bosses says its OK for us to take our summer vacation on that time, i am pretty sure we are gonna join in.

Edit: My boss gave me a O.K on the sett dates, and Anarkira is getting his final answer on monday, but it looks promising. I am excited already ^^

tabd
30th January 2008, 02:57
Smiph i got the same disease. and thing its alot easyer in japan to get gluten free food then it is in europe.

Kokoro
30th January 2008, 12:21
Hey! I just wondered..
Will there be trips like this next year?

'Cuz I'm gonna work this summer, so I can't go :(

But hopefully I'll join next time :D

AnthonyAA
3rd February 2008, 01:32
This seems very tempting and I think I can afford it by the midth of April.
I'll get back to you ASAP, but I need to ask my 2 bosses first. (Yes, I work 2 jobs! :link: )

AnthonyAA
5th February 2008, 17:29
When is the money in April due? Which date?

Which bank account should we send the 1000,- to and which to the 17900,-?

Nightcrawler
6th February 2008, 20:54
Hei
The money is due in by the 19th of Feb. That's in about 12 weeks.
Please let me know your name and information via email.
kstien@neo-tokyo.no or here
Inturn we will let you know where to deposit the deposit......O_O
As of the April due date, those who have put in the deposit will be notified when that will be due.
Thank you

AnthonyAA
6th February 2008, 21:22
Oh, ok I see.

How many have signed up for this trip to now?
What will happen if the trip will get cancelled due to weather issues or other problems? Will we get back the 17900,-?

12 weeks? Hehe, I think you mean 2 weeks ;)

AnthonyAA
7th February 2008, 22:20
Is it the 16th or 19th of February that the deposit must get sent it?
I'll let you now around Tuesday next week (12th) if I'm go or not :)

Nightcrawler
7th February 2008, 22:55
Hei again, yes in 2 weeks, not in 12 :flau: my bad
The deposit is due by the 19th. Not the 16th as I stated earier.
So the 19th of Febuary is when the deposit is due. But you can never be too early.;)
If the trip is cancelled for due to weather reasons or some sort of reason
of that nature, then the amount will be returned.
It is very unlikely that will happen but if it does we will let you know what will happen.
Thank you. And hope to hear from you soon

AnthonyAA
8th February 2008, 12:45
Ok, sounds good :)

I'll get back to you ASAP! :)

AnthonyAA
9th February 2008, 21:07
How many have signed up till now?

Darkfrog
9th February 2008, 21:28
Me and Anarkira got permition from our surperiors to go, so we are comming ^^ We are both excited out of minds!

AnthonyAA
9th February 2008, 21:33
Ok, cool :)

So if I say go, there is just going to be 3 people joining up?

Darkfrog
9th February 2008, 23:44
Ok, cool :)

So if I say go, there is just going to be 3 people joining up?

There are propably some other guys going as well. I am sure they have promoted this trip both in the store and other places online. The more, the merrier, right?

AnthonyAA
10th February 2008, 00:15
Yup, correct you are ;)

Just wanted to know if there were many people going (and how many they are to date), so I would feel that the money would be worth it.

Nightcrawler
12th February 2008, 00:27
Hello

For all those who are intending to go to Japan in June with us.
You will need to give us your name as written in your passport
and your telephone numbers just in case we need to contact you.
You can send this info here at this forum or to kstien@neo-tokyo.no
Also you will need you to give in your deposit by the 19th of Feb.
When this information is given to us we will ask you to give us the money in person at the store ;)
or deposit it into a bank account. Which every is easier for you.
Please let us know the information as soon as possible
Thank you

Hope to hear from you soon.

Nightcrawler
17th February 2008, 15:15
Hei

Soon we will be closing the reservations for the trip to Japan.
You need to tell us your information today or tomorrow.

So Hurry Hurry
Thank you.

AnthonyAA
17th February 2008, 18:38
How many have signed up for this trip till now?

dboydesign
17th February 2008, 20:41
Yeah Jan, sounds like alot of fun. Im there u know! Looking forward for the trip.
Im looking forward to meet interesting people and you guys at japani! It will be a very nice trip:D!!

How is it with visa? We will need visa to get inside Japan right? (visum)

Nightcrawler
17th February 2008, 21:12
At the momment we have 10 people, I think, signed up for the trip.
As for the visa, as long as you have a Norwegian passport you do not need
a visa. If you have any other passport please let us know.:)

dboydesign
19th February 2008, 09:59
Really? So you dont need to have a confirmation that you are allowed to get inside Japan? Like China you need a visa.. hmm weird..?

Edit: Ah okay.. If someone are interest theres a nice description of how the rules are for holiday in Japan etc...
http://www.no.emb-japan.go.jp/Norwegian/Reiseinformasjon/Reise.htm

Sekiumasuki
19th February 2008, 20:40
You have to apply for a visa when you are staying in Japan for more than 3 months. Or studying or planning to work and so on.

Stelgim
25th February 2008, 14:05
Ahh, it's too late eh?

If I just noticed this forum earlier instead of watching the newest anime episodes.

Well if there is going to be another trip then I can wait.

jansamurai
25th February 2008, 16:19
Hi Stelgim

Actually it is not too late to apply!

We have made more seats available (5 seats in total) so if you still want to come there still is a possibility!

Just come by our shop in Kirkegata 15 0153 Oslo or send us a message or just call us at 91367327 for details. :nya:

MvH
Jansamurai

*****-10% SALE ON RETAIL PRODUCTS THROUGH OUT FEBRUARY!!!*****

Stelgim
26th February 2008, 03:06
Hi Stelgim

Actually it is not too late to apply!

We have made more seats available (5 seats in total) so if you still want to come there still is a possibility!

Just come by our shop in Kirkegata 15 0153 Oslo or send us a message or just call us at 91367327 for details. :nya:

MvH
Jan

That is great! I will call later today after work ( if I remember ) to ask a few questions, but one question right now. Do I need to make the "pocket" money I will buy stuff with in Japan into ? Yen or can I use a Visa Credit Card there?
:)

jansamurai
26th February 2008, 15:04
Alright!

Well you can use Visa Credit Card in most places but there are still some places that can take just cash.
I would suggest that you should bring a fair amount in cash and try using card at the places that you can use card.

Hope to hear from you soon, ;)

jansamurai

*****-10% SALE ON RETAIL PRODUCTS THROUGH OUT FEBRUARY!!!*****

jansamurai
6th March 2008, 19:09
Hi Everyone!

We still have 3 seats left on the trip so if you want to be on board contact me now!! :D

See you in Japan!

Anime-Demon
6th March 2008, 22:07
Aww! I really wanted to join this trip, but I can`t because of my job...
Will you guys have a trip like this next year too??? I would join if you did:nya:
And I would convince my friend to join too :hello:

Kokoro
9th March 2008, 16:22
Aww! I really wanted to join this trip, but I can`t because of my job...
Will you guys have a trip like this next year too??? I would join if you did:nya:
And I would convince my friend to join too :hello:

I hope there will be a trip next year too..

jansamurai
10th March 2008, 13:36
If all goes good with the trip this year I can grantee that there will be one again next year!

P.S.!

For the people that would like to go this year but still haven't decided , we still have spaces ready for you!
Please tell us if you wish to go by the 25th of this month!! :)